Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas

Walmart is ridiculous! So every year I shop blackfriday. I usually go online instead of freezing in line. Of course this year, most have heard of the employee that was stampeded and killed. I wouldn't doubt it. People are rude and crazy. I tried getting online to buy the items my kids wanted and did what Walmart said they'd do. Sell items online starting at 1am EST. So I tried buying at 11pm, my time, 12 am until 12:45am. Then slept until 4:30am. The site said it was under maintenance. At 5am I could log on but by 5:05am everything said sold out online. I tried getting any item on my list and then checked out with 1 item. But of course, it wouldn't let me check out and threw me back onto the 1st page. So at 5:45am I went to the store itself. I couldn't see any parking around the store or the vacant lot or the Ihop parking lot. So I asked someone walking out without anything how bad it was inside. And it happens it was terrible with no room to move and of course no items left. So I went to the next closest location but the same thing there. One and half to 2 hour lines to check out. So I came back home and tried to check out with the 1 item in my cart, once again. This time it was letting me check out but I decided to use a different card to pay with and by that time it said there wasn't anymore of that item left. SOLD OUT! So I emailed the customer service and they sent me the most lamest reply. I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience and your expectations weren't met. We try to improve our system all the time and hope you'll be able to check out easier next time.
Can you believe it? Well unfortunately I can now!
So I'm out of luck for the good deals and the presents my children want are only about 5% less than regular price, on sale now! Arrrgggghhhhhhhhh!

So other than that, Thanksgiving was great. Jana's family are always so nice and considerate. They really know how to make us feel welcomed and loved. THANKS Jana and Chris!
I was able to go out with a girlfriend of mine the other day. It's been 3 1/2 years to 4 years since I last went out with a friend. That's just too darn long and I really miss having girlfriends. I have a lot of nice acquaintances but no real friend around this area. But my friend that I speak to and watch her kids asked me out the other night. It was really funny, she called and asked me to ask my husband if she could take me on a date. Her family has a tradition each Thanksgiving time they go to the Desert Star playhouse and watch a play. I've been there once before but I have to say this time was GREAT! I think I need to go each Thanksgiving too. The comedy and acting was very enjoyable.
Then we went out to eat at Village Inn. Although it was the only restaurant still open around our house, it was delicious and service was great. The manager gave us so coupons to come back because we were such great customers!:) We talked for 3 hrs with the waiter and manager. Sometimes I wonder why I'm not like my old self when I was very social and loved to go out. I'm more boring now than I have ever been. I really need to get out and be involved in the community. My husband wondered why I came home so late but didn't complain. He goes out all the time.
I'm so thankful for God and our savior. This Christmas will be interesting to see how everyone responds to the economy crisis and the true meaning of Christmas. I think my children have already enjoyed the season. We've been decorating the house together and already started the cooking for goodies. I'm very pleased in how my children are. I love them to pieces. Later for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment